Senior Research Assistant
UMKC-Institute for Human Development
215 W Pershing 6th Floor Kansas City, MO 64108
Title: Senior Research Associate (Early Childhood and Youth)
This Senior Research Associate will lead the Early Childhood and Youth team at the Institute for Human Development (IHD). Leadership will involve development and refinement of the IHD Early Childhood Plan, supervision of personnel, fiscal management of existing projects, development of new initiatives, collaboration with others at IHD and UMKC, and representation of IHD and its early childhood/youth program in the larger community. Additionally, this Senior Research Associate will serve as Principal Investigator overseeing evaluation/research projects for two local organizations. The primary tasks involve collaboration with the two organizations, fiscal management, staff supervision, implementation research, effectiveness research, process and outcome evaluation, data analysis, project reporting, and preparing presentations and journal articles.
Senior Research Associates provide leadership for sponsored research & demonstrations, training and technical assistance, program development, and/or dissemination activities.
They engage in independent research on sponsored or other research projects and may lead professional and technical support staff in research. Appropriate activities may include research design, data analysis, coordination of research projects, creatively and independently establishing project objectives, demonstrating competency in one of more areas of investigation, and/or development, implementation, and evaluation of projects. Activities may also include the following:
- Secure external funding by writing and submitting grants consistent with the mission of IHD.
- Author print and online materials (e.g., technical reports, program highlights, fact sheets, handbooks, and other publications).
- Author publications and products disseminating research findings
- Engage in collaborative scholarly work leading to external funding and peer reviewed publications.
- Established field recognition through national presentations and developing products and papers for varying audiences.
- Share knowledge by contributing to (a) undergraduate and/or graduate courses in related disciplines and/or (b) field-based training for professionals in related disciplines.
Doctoral degree in a relevant field (i.e., early childhood, youth, human services) with experience in a professional or academic environment. Demonstrated leadership in conducting applied research, outcome evaluations, training, and program demonstrations.
Desired Date for Filling Position: December 1, 2017.