Fuller Center for Housing of Greater Kansas City, MO
PO Box 901365 Kansas City, MO 64190-1365
The Fuller Center for Housing of Greater Kansas City MO, faith-driven and Christ-centered, promotes collaborative and innovative partnerships with individuals and organizations in an unrelenting quest to provide adequate shelter for all people in need.
The Fuller Center for Housing of Greater Kansas City MO seeks to realize this mission in Clay and Platte Counties in the northland and in Jackson County.
Type of Organization:
What are the responsibilities?
- The Board of Directors is legally and financially responsible for overseeing all activities of the Agency. Each member assists the board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities.
- The Board sets the policies that ensure that Fuller Center GKC is run effectively, legally and ethically.
- The Board sets long-range goals for Fuller Center’s growth and development and for securing adequate funds to run the programs.
- All Board members are expected to attend monthly board meetings. In addition, each board member is expected to participate on a board committee.
- Adhere to the by-laws, conflict of interest and confidentiality policies.
What qualifications should I have?
- Experience such as: program development, fund development, finance/accounting, marketing, human resources, community leadership, management and legal are needed
- Strong interest in the Fuller Center for Housing’s mission and goals; and
- The ability to promote the Fuller Center in the community.
We are looking for someone with expertise in:
Desired industry affiliations or community connections:
Civic organizations, religious/faith-based
What is the time commitment?
- The Board term is three years. There is no limit on terms.
- The Board is a working board and normally will require 5-10 hours per month: 2-3 hours for the monthly Board meeting; 2-4 hours for committee work; and 1-3 hours for special requests and fundraising.
How often does the board meet?
(If possible, provide the current schedule for your board meetings.)
Fourth Thursday of the month – 11 meetings a year
What are my obligations?
Give and Get
- Contribute annually (goal of at least $250.00) and participate in fundraising.
- Funders are interested in the Board's dedication to the organization. 100% participation demonstrates the Board's commitment. Asking is easier when you have already given.
- Pursue sources of long-term relationships, partnerships and funding.
- Share your contacts and resources with various committees.
- Talk about the Fuller Center in the community.
- Utilize to the fullest your skills, abilities and wisdom for the good of the organization.
- Chose an area that fits you best and apply yourself with enthusiasm.
- Attend and support Fuller Center events.
- Volunteer your time and energy for special projects.
- Make or promote in-kind donations.
Our organization carries directors and officers (D&O) liability insurance.
Graham Houston, President
816-659-4815 (leave message – call will be returned)
• Post ID: 36036307 missouri